Tena koe

I think you'll find the arcsine transformation is asin(sqrt(x/100)) where × is 
the percentage.  However, it might be better to ask whether the data wouldn't 
be better analysed using generalised models (e.g., glm).

HTH ....

Peter Alspach

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On 
Behalf Of Ben Bolker
Sent: Monday, 23 September 2013 12:54 p.m.
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [R] Arcsine transformation

peake <peake.19 <at> osu.edu> writes:

> 
> I am tryin to perform an arcsine transformation on my data containig 
> percentages as the dep. variable. Does anyone have a code that I could 
> use to do that? I am relatively new to R. Thanks for your help!

asin(x/100)

? or

asin(x/100)*2/pi if you want the results rescaled to (0,1)

curve(asin(x/100)*2/pi,from=0,to=100)

______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

The contents of this e-mail are confidential and may be ...{{dropped:14}}

______________________________________________
[email protected] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Reply via email to