Dear All,
For a project I am given a set of images. They represent either healthy or tumoral tissue, but the specific nature of the images does not matter. I need to train a classifier which is expected to tell me in which category (let's call it 0 vs 1) each image falls. I am thinking about a random forest classifier, but I am uncertain about a couple of (fairly important) points

(1) The size of the images varies, so for instance the number of pixels is not the same for every image and as a consequence some methodologies (e.g. the PCA) when applied to these images will lead to results not immediately comparable. Is trying to blur/flatten the images a good idea to have always (artificially) the same size (number of pixels) for every image? (2) Which features do you recommend to associate\calculate for every image? This is what I will use to train my model upon.

Any suggestion is welcome.
Cheers

Lorenzo