Hi

I found this paper http://cs.stanford.edu/people/jure/pubs/dpln-kdd08.pdf that
models the DPLN distribution as in equation 8. I implemented this in R but
cannot get the same curve as in Figure 4. can you please check if my code below
is correct: e.g. is the use of pnorm() correct here?

ddlpn <- function(x){
  a=2.8
  b=0.01
  v=0.45
  t=6.5
  j <- (a * b /(a+b))

  norm1<-pnorm((log(x)-v-(a*t^2))/t)
  expo1<- a*v+(a^2*t^2/2)

  z<-exp(expo1)*(x^(-a-1))*(norm1)

  norm2<-pnorm((log(x)-v+(b*t^2))/t)
 expo2<- -b*t+(b^2*t^2/2)

  y<- x^(b-1)*exp(expo2)*(1-norm2)  # 1-norm is the complementary CDF of N(0,1)
  j*(z+y)
}
Bander Alzahrani, Teacher Assistant
Information Systems Department
Faculty of Computing & Information Technology
King Abdulaziz University