I use several different versions of R, including RGui on Windows and rstudio on
Linux.  In all cases, I use graphical commands, such as image().

image() displays rectangles, but I want to be able to guarantee that the
heights of those rectangles will always equal the widths.  Typically, the
rectangles come out with notable asymmetries.

Thus, if I need to draw a perfect circle with square pixels, I usually get a
squashed ellipse with oblong pixels.

I have experimented with other commands, and I don't need to continue to use
image() if some other command would be more suitable.

Thanks.