Hello,

I'm a new user to R, and I was trying to install "packfor" in my R console
and I always run into an error.
I tried to search, in in the forum, someone that already might have made the
same question, but all I could find was a general information how to install
libraries in R.

Pass through all that procedure (Package&Data->Package Installer->Local
Source Package[because my library was in a folder in my computer]), I have a
message that is "DONE", but then I do the command "library(packfor)" and I
get an error message:

WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME
* Installing *binary* package 'packfor' ...
* DONE (packfor)
> library(packfor)

packfor: R Package for Forward Selection (Canoco Manual p.49)
version 0.0-8Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared library
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/library/packfor/libs/i386/packfor.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/library/packfor/libs/i386/packfor.so,
6): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/library/packfor/libs/i386/packfor.so
  Reason: image not found
Error in library(packfor) : .First.lib failed for 'packfor'

I have a mac where I installed R2.7.0, and I want to use the
"packfor_0.0-8_for_R2.7.tar.gz". I already uninstalled R twice and installed
it again, I already used another packfor file, from another person... I ran
out of ideas so I would like a little bit of help.

My R also presents an other error when it starts:
During startup - Warning messages:
1: Setting LC_CTYPE failed, using "C"
2: Setting LC_COLLATE failed, using "C"
3: Setting LC_TIME failed, using "C"
4: Setting LC_MESSAGES failed, using "C"
WARNING: You're using a non-UTF8 locale, therefore only ASCII characters
will work.
Please read R for Mac OS X FAQ (see Help) section 9 and adjust your system
preferences accordingly.
I don't know if this is important to solve the issue, but anyway I already
done other analysis (which means that I used other libraries) and I didn't
have any problem. Besides the section 9 from the Help talks about version
previous the one that I have (1.0.1, 2.0 and 2.1).

Thanks in advance for any idea that you might have ,

Ju