Hello wise R folks,

I ran a job to combine 2 dataframes using rbind.
I received this error message that the names were not the same

Error in match.names(clabs,names(xi)): names do not match previous names

BUT when I entered this statement

Identical (names(data1[[1]]),names(data2[[2]]) )

R responded TRUE to this query, indicating the names are identical

So I am baffled.  visually checking each dataset using str they look the
same, and R says they are the same when queried,
But I still get the error when I give this command

newname <- rbind (data1,data2)

Any ideas?
THANKS!
Julie