On 12/31/2013 09:05 PM, Jieyue Li wrote:
Thanks a lot for the reply!

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Göran Broström <goran.brost...@umu.se
<mailto:goran.brost...@umu.se>> wrote:

    On 12/30/2013 11:04 PM, Jieyue Li wrote:

        Dear All,

        I want to have the cumulative incidence curves for 'mstate' data
        using
        Survival package in R. But I got some problems:
        I. Problem 1:
        1. If I only use intercept without any covariates, I can have
        'right'
        cumulative incidence curves (2 for 2 competing risks):
        library(Survival)

    That shouldn't work;)

This is from an example from the Survival package...

Sorry; the problem is that 'survival' should be with lower-case 's'

        fitCI <- survfit(Surv(stop, status*as.numeric(event),
        type="mstate") ~
        1,data=mgus1, subset=(start==0))
        plot(fitCI)
        2. If I include one variate ('sex'), I get 4 curves (attached; I
        guess
        because there are two levels in 'sex' and 2 competing risks):
        fitCI <- survfit(Surv(stop, status*as.numeric(event), type="mstate")
        ~sex,data=mgus1, subset=(start==0))
        plot(fitCI)
        However, I want to just have 2 cumulative incidence curves
        estimated from
        several covariates (such as 'sex', 'age', 'alb', etc. in mgus1).
        Could you
        please help me to do that? Thank you very much!

    I suggest that you check the Task Views, under 'Survival' and
    'Multistate Models', for instance the 'cmprsk' and 'timereg' packages.

        II. Problem 2:
        I try using an example from sourcecode.pdf:
        fit <- survfit(Surv(time, status, type=’mstate’) ~ sex, data=mine)
        but where can I have the 'mine' data? Thank you!

    Where do you find 'sourcecode.pdf'?

It's from
http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/survival/doc/sourcecode.pdf

I see; that is a generic example, I suppose. The data set 'mine' is one of your choice! But, as I suggested, look into the packages listed under 'Multistate models' in 'Survival' under 'Task Views'. What you ask for cannot be accomplished with the package 'survival'.

Göran Broström

    Göran Broström

        Best,

        Jieyue