Hi all,
I have a very large number of vectors that I want first to look fast which
distribution might be considered candidate for fitting.
I made a simple loop that checks for all vector (the code below is for one
vector and being called for each vector separately). If a good fit is found
this is dumped to a txt file so to allow me later on, see results

distList<-c("norm","exp","gamma","lnorm")
    for (dist in distList) {

        if (gofstat(fitdist(onVector,distr=dist))$kstest =="not rejected"){
        # keep it
          out<-capture.output(gofstat(fitdist(onVector,distr=distr))$ks)
          print(sprintf("Saving to file %s ",filename))
          cat(out,file=paste(filename,".txt",sep=""),sep="\n",append=TRUE)

        }
    }
the major problem is that these for loops return errors (sometimes for a given
vector a specific distribution does not make sense or the vector might be zero
or containing only many times the same element)    . The easiest would be in
errors and warning just move to the next element of the for loop.
Something like that

for ()
{
 if error==skip to next element