At first pass it would seem that 'integer' would make a perfectly fine year
class. But for some reason it's disallowed:

> xts(rnorm(8), 2000L:2007)
Error in xts(rnorm(8), 2000L:2007) :
  order.by requires an appropriate time-based object

Which is a bit unexpected, since xts descends from zoo and this works fine:

> zoo(rnorm(8), 2000L:2007)

      2000       2001       2002       2003       2004       2005
2006       2007
 0.2963980 -1.7928750  1.9253476 -0.6851739  0.3223047  0.7776734
-0.3255266 -1.0980489

That doesn't feel very eXtensible to me.

-John

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Michael Weylandt <michael.weyla...@gmail.com