Dear All,
We have recently published an article on cross-validation pitfalls
http://www.jcheminf.com/content/6/1/10/
In the article, amongst other things, we discuss nested cross-validation and
variable selection with cross-validation which I am sure is of interest to
statistical modelling community. I am keen to hear critical assessment of our
paper from the community.
So far it was brought to my attention thata) In the section "Preprocessing" I
failed to mention that we used the caret R package and failed to reference Max
Kuhn's 2008 paper "Building Predictive Models in R Using the caret Package".b)
In the section "Nested cross-validation" I failed to mention the Bioinformtics
2004 paper by Statnitkov et al. "A comprehensive evaluation of multicategory
classification methods...", because they also suggested nested
cross-validationc) In the section "Discussion" I should have explained that
nested cross-validation may also be applied to cases where variable selection
is performed with cross-validation. There is a Bioinformatics 2010 paper by
Lagani and Tsamardions "Structure-Based Variable Selection for Survival Data"
where they applied nested cross-validation for variable selection with
cross-validation.
Looking forward to hearing from you.DKP.S. I am the corresponding author and
please use my email address specified in the paper.