On Jun 6, 2014, at 8:45 AM, Jeff Newmiller wrote:

> "con" is probably not a valid ODBC DSN. You need to study how ODBC works
> independently of R... we cannot tell you what you should be putting there
> instead.

But what ever would be the correct answer, it should not segfault. I'm
reasonable sure the maintainer will see this:

> maintainer("RODBC")
[1] "Brian Ripley <rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk>"

It might assist in the debugging process if results of sessionInfo() were
included in any followup.

--
David.

> DCN:<jdnew...@dcn.davis.ca.us>        Basics: ##.#.       ##.#.  Live Go...
>                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing
> /Software/Embedded Controllers)               .OO#.       .OO#.  rocks...1k
>
> On June 6, 2014 5:56:12 AM PDT, "marcos.takahashi"
> <marcos.takaha...@mobly.com.br> wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I am running a simple R script using RODBC that follows:
>>
>> ----
>>
>> library(RODBC)
>> ch <- odbcConnect("con")
>>
>> cust<- sqlQuery(ch, "select
>>   id_customer,
>>   first_name
>> from
>>   customers
>> limit 100")
>>
>> sales<- sqlQuery(ch, "select
>>   id_order,
>>   revenue
>> from
>>   sales
>> limit 100")
>>
>> -----
>>
>> And it returns the following error:
>>
>> *** caught segfault ***
>> address 0x407, cause 'memory not mapped'
>>
>> Traceback:
>> 1: .Call(C_RODBCQuery, attr(channel, "handle_ptr"),
>> as.character(query),
>> as.integer(rows_at_time))
>> 2: odbcQuery(channel, query, rows_at_time)
>> 3: sqlQuery(ch, "select\n    id_order,\n    revenue\nfrom\n
>> sales\nlimit
>> 100")
>>
>> Possible actions:
>> 1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
>> 2: normal R exit
>> 3: exit R without saving workspace
>> 4: exit R saving workspace
>>
>> ------
>>
>> Does somebody have any idea about this issue?

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA