Good day everybody,

I'm a marine biologist student, working on my bachelor thesis and I'm stucked
with a statistical doubt in the process, I hope someone here could help me. My
thesis aims to understand which biological and environmental factors influences
the male aggressive rate of male California sea lions. For that purpose I'm
using GLM’s where the response variable is the male aggressive rate. Right now
I am testing the goodness of fit of the global models and for that I'm using
the deviances as a goodness of fit test. I calculated pseudoR2 (Zuur, 2009) in
order to know the percentage of explanation of each candidate model. However
I’m not sure how to choose the “good models”; since I am not sure over which
percent of explanation indicates a “model with good fit”. For my data I am
working with three different scenarios, and it seems that 20%, is a good value
to could indicate the best models, but I’m not sure how to choose the value.

I thank you in advance for your time and the help you can give me.

Best regards,

Samantha.