Hi:

I am trying to identify mutually exclusive events from the following
example:

Cluster      Gene      Mutated    not-mutated
  1             G1             1              0
  1             G2             1              0
  1             G3             0              1
  1             G4             0              1
  1             G5             1              0
  2             G1             0              1
  2             G2             1              0
  2             G3             1              0
  2             G4             0              0
  2             G5             1              0

In cluster 1 :  G1, G2, G5 are mutated

In cluster 2:    G2, G3, G5 are mutated.

I am interested in finding such G2-G5 event and G1-G3 events.

In total I have a 8 clusters and 150 gene (1200 rows x 4 columns).

What test could be appropriate to identify such pairs.

In my naive understanding would a fishers-exact test give such
combinations.

Thanks a lot.

-Adrian