OK.  Two things are going wrong.

(1) There is an error in your code. You are passing the new.coef argument to density() and not to rmh(). The function density() has no such argument, but has a "..." argument, so "new.coef" simply gets ignored.

You should use:

plot(density(rmh(mod,new.coef=c(1,200))))

(2) However, even when the correct call is given you still wind up with identical densities!!!

Hmmmmm. I think this may be a bug; I'll will check with the other authors of spatstat and report back.

cheers,

Rolf Turner