I believe you are in Circle 8.2.7 of
The R Inferno.

http://www.burns-stat.com/documents/books/the-r-inferno/

Pat

On 28/09/2014 05:49, Kate Ignatius wrote:
Quick question:

I am running the following code on some variables that are factors:

dbpmn$IID1new <- ifelse(as.character(dbpmn[,2]) ==
as.character(dbpmn[,(21)]), dbpmn[,20], '')

Instead of returning some value it gives me this:

c(1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1))

Playing around with the code, gives me some kind of variation to it.
Is there some way to get me what I want.  The variable that its
suppose to give back is a bunch of sampleIDs.

Thanks!

Patrick Burns
pbu...@pburns.seanet.com
twitter: @burnsstat @portfolioprobe