Dear R users,

I am having trouble finding a package and function to remove DNA sequences
from a fasta file that are >99% similar and/or create an output of the
remaining "unique" sequences. I found the uniquefasta function in phytools
but R can't find this function and also doesn't allow me to set the 99%
parameter. This is because I'm building a phylogeny with tons of nearly
identical sequences so I want to reduce the number of individuals.

Thanks for any help and suggestions,
Nick

--
Nick Jeffery, PhD Candidate