On 22/02/2015 15:46, Ben Bolker wrote:
Fatemeh a <f.alimadadi <at> gmail.com> writes:

Hi all,

I am running a software which is shinybased within R : it gives me this
error:

Warning: running command 'octave -qf octave/muxMultisliceCommunity.m'
had status 1

I was wondering if anyone could help me where the problem is and what is
the status 1 mean?

my system info : windows 8, octave 3.6.4, R 3.1.2

thank you in advance,

   Sure sounds like you're having problems running octave,
presumably via a system() call from within R.
Without more detail, it's impossible to do more than guess.
Is octave in your path?

From the help file for system():

     If ‘intern = FALSE’, the return value is an error code (‘0’ for
     success), given the invisible attribute (so needs to be printed
     explicitly).  If the command could not be run for any reason, the
     value is ‘127’.

so not having the command in your path does not give status 1 ....

This is off-topic here: you need to consult the documentation of the command you run to see its error codes. (On Linux 'man octave' does not say, although it would be expected to.)

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk
1 South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3TG, UK