Dear R users,

I’m using the constrOptim.nl<http://constrOptim.nl> to carry out non-linear fit
with constraints between experimental and modelled data. As far as I understand
the parameter “fval" indicates the goodness of this fit.
My first question is: Is the fval parameter similar to commonly used chi^2
parameter?
Second: if you’d need to decide which set of models best fit your experimental
data by comparing the different fval values obtained, how can you use R to
determine if the differences between fval values is statistically significant?

I´d appreciate your feedback.
Regards.
Juan C. Munoz-García