I’m a newbie and trying to execute this simple function in order to change wk 5
NA’s to wk 4 values for the dataset (ken) below.  Can someone pls tell me what
I’m doing wrong?  The error msg is “"rror: unexpected input in "new_week <-
function(x,y) { “
Even the “E” is missing in the word “Error."

new_week <- function(x,y) {
if x[is.na(x)] {
x = y
}
}

patient wk1     wk2     wk3     wk4     wk5
A       1       2       4       6       8
B       2       3       NA      3       17
C       3       4       5       11      NA
D       4       NA      6       12      11
E       5       6       7       NA      21
F       6       7       8       3       NA
G       7       8       9       7       NA

Ken
kmna...@gmail.com
914-450-0816 (tel)
347-730-4813 (fax)