A short answer to your question is 'yes and no': R is an interpreted language. There may have been attempts to create a "compiler" for R, but I don't know if any have actually succeeded very well. However, there are ways to (a) call R from other languages and (b) run R in batch mode. For example, I've seen packages that allow Excel users to run selected R functions. I'm not current on preferred ways of doing that, but if I had to do it, I might consider the RExcelInstaller and RODBC packages. Also, I know people have created web pages that pass data to R and display the results in a web page without burdening the user with learning R. I don't know how this works, but I just got 125 hits from "RSiteSearch('running R in batch mode')". If you want to provide more specifics of what you would like to do, you might get more useful suggestions. And, yes, I do believe in magic, but sometimes it requires a little creative thought. Hope this helps. Spencer Graves