You haven't supplied any data, and we can only guess which cca() function you are using (ade4::cca, ..., vegan::cca(), yacca::cca), and the term 'cca' generally refers to canonical correspondence analysis,
which is not quite the same thing as 'three-way correspondence analysis'.

For three-way tables, there are several variations of standard
correspondence analysis that generalize CA for two-way tables
in reasonable, but different ways.
You may find more joy using the mjca() in the ca package
which provides these alternatives.

best,
-Michael