On 8/7/2016 7:49 AM, John Kane wrote:
As Jim says the file did not arrive. R-help is very fussy about what kind of
files it accepts. If you are still having a problem it would be a good idea to
upload it to file-sharing place such as Dropbox or Mediafire and just post the
link here.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help@r-project.org
Sent: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 10:10:13 +0000 (UTC)
To: r-help@r-project.org
Subject: [R] SAS file

Hello,I have a SAS formatted file as attached, when I use lookup.xport i
got error below> lookup.xport("patient.ssd01")Error in
lookup.xport.inner(file) :   unable to open file: 'No such file or
directory'

can anyone please help me to figure it out?
thanksc

The file extension, '.ssd01' is typically used for a standard Unix SAS dataset. the R function, lookup.xport(), is for examining SAS XPORT files. So, you are using the wrong approach to read the file.

You will need to get an XPORT format file, or have SAS available, or get some 3rd party software that will read SAS datasets.

Dan

--
Daniel Nordlund
Port Townsend, WA  USA