Since 2008, Microsoft (formerly Revolution Analytics) staff and guests have
written about R every weekday at the
Revolutions blog: http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com
and every month I post a summary of articles from the previous month of
particular interest to readers of r-help.

And in case you missed them, here are some articles related to R from the month
of July:

R moves up to 5th place in the annual IEEE Spectrum programming language
rankings:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/r-moves-up-to-5th-place-in-ieee-language-rankings.html

A guide to R-related presentations at the JSM 2016 conference:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/an-r-users-guide-to-jsm-2016.html

FiveThirtyEight uses R extensively for data journalism, as explained in a
presentation at useR!2016:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/data-journalism-with-r-at-538.html

An in-depth look at DeployR's enterprise security model when calling R
functions via the web services API:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/deployr-enterprise-security-model.html

Microsoft R Open 3.3.0 is now available for Windows, Mac and PC:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/microsoft-r-open-330-now-available.html

A survey of quantitative business professionals ranks R in top position by
usage (followed by SAS and Python):
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/burtch-survey.html

Microsoft is hosting its first Data Science Summit: a conference for data
scientists in Atlanta GA, September 26-27:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/microsoft-ds-summit.html

An interactive tree map of Pokemon Go characters, created with R:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/an-analysis-of-pok%C3%A9mon-go-types-created-with-r.html

Using R to manage energy usage on the Microsoft campus:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/energy-load-shaping.html

Why does NA^0 equal 1 in R?
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/understanding-na-in-r.html

Two presentations by me, recorded at useR!2016: How Microsoft uses data science
to improve the lives of people with
disabilities, and how R is integrated into Microsoft products:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/r-at-microsoft-user-2016.html

A review of some recently-released R packages, by Joe Rickert:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/some-new-r-packages.html

How to create a Power BI dashboard based on SQL Server and R:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/06/sql-server-power-bi-and-r.html

Microsoft R Client is a desktop-based version of Microsoft R Server, includes
the big-data ScaleR package, and free to
download and use:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/microsoft-r-client.html

Resources (code and slides) from the tutorials presented at the useR!2016
conference:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/user-2016-tutorials-part-2-.html

Rick Becker presents the birth of the S language at Bell Labs:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/rick-becker-s-talk.html

Using Microsoft R Server within the Data Science Virtual Machine to graph
airline delays from 14Gb of flight
records:
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/dplyrxdf-flight-arrival-delays.html

General interest stories (not related to R) in the past month included: bad maps
(http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/because-its-friday-bad-maps.html),
bird migration
(http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/because-its-friday-bird-migration.html),
 how to tell a B737 from an A320
(http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/because-its-friday-b373-a320.html),
 a beginner's introduction to data
science
(http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/06/data-science-for-beginners.html),
animal 'facts'
(http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/fake-animal-facts.html), and
animals and fairness
(http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/2016/07/because-its-friday-animal-intelligence-animal-fairness.html).

If you're looking for more articles about R, you can find summaries from
previous months at
http://blog.revolutionanalytics.com/roundups/. You can receive daily blog posts
via email using services like
blogtrottr.com.

As always, thanks for the comments and please keep sending suggestions to me at
david...@microsoft.com or via Twitter
(I'm @revodavid).

Cheers,
# David