Hi,
Good Morning! I am new to R and finding difficulty in understanding the code.
Since few days I am stuck at single line of code which I am unable to
understand.
Though there may be number of logics to find min value. As a new beginner I am
following a book and as it has the following code

mind<-function(d)
{
        n<-nrow(d)
        dd<-cbind(d,1:n)
        wmins<-apply(dd[-n,],1,imin)
        i<-which.min(wmins[2,])
        j<-wmins[1,i]
        return(c(d[i,j],i,j))
}
imin<-function(x)
{
        lx<-length(x)
        i<-x[lx]
        j<-which.min(x[(i+1):(lx-1)])
        k<-i+j
        return(c(k,x[k]))
}

So when executed this with mind(below matrix) I get
0       12      13      8       20
12      0       15      28      88
13      15      0       6       9
8       28      6       0       33
20      88      9       33      0
the answer as 6 , row 3 column 4

Due to the symmetry of the matrix , the skipping of the early part of row is
done by using expression (x[(i+1):(lx-1)])..(which is in red color in the code
shown above). I am unable to understand
the line in red code and how it is implemented in the line 5(i.e wins)…(shown
in pink color in the code above
I have done necessary homework to understand but still finding it hard to get
it. Please someone help.