I'm off on vacation and checking email only intermittently.
Wrt the offset issue, I expect that you are correct.  This is not a case that I
had ever envisioned, and so was not on my "list" when writing the code and
certainly has no test case.  That does not mean that it shouldn't work, just
that I am not shocked to see it.   I will look into this.

For the second case of a NULL model I am less sympathetic.  This is, in theory,
just reading off values from a Nelson hazard estimate at specific time points;
using a coxph call to do so is a case of swatting a fly with a hammer.   A bit
more background might make me more excited about extending the code to this
case.

Terry Therneau