On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Morten Hønsen wrote:

I have inherited some S-Plus code and objects that I am trying to get to work in R.

The object files (3 __i files and one ___nonfi file) are stored in a folder (named _Model), but when I try to use "attach("c:/_Model")" I get an error saying "Error in readChar(con, 5L, useBytes = TRUE) : cannot open the connection"

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

RTFM on attach() (it says nothing about attaching directories), look at read.S in package foreign, which might help but probably not if this is a recent version of 'S-Plus'.

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]