> On Dec 1, 2016, at 12:10 PM, Elysa Mitova <elysa.mit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am desperately looking for a way to plot confidence intervals into a
> density plot of only one variable (not a scatter plot etc.)
>
> Have you any advice how to do this?
>
> I've only found manual ways to do with "abline", but this is a rather
> bothersome method and only works with ggplot (and not ggplot2).

This makes it appear that you expect this to be done in ggplot2 automagically.
I suspect you must instead first find the right approach to construction of
those upper and lower bounds before plotting. It's not clear what methods you
expect to be needed. Your desperation is not a guide. Perhaps trying a bit of
searching?

install.packages("sos")
library(sos)
findFn("confidence intervals density estimates")

Delivers quite a few results. Then searching on the text within that webpage
you find

208     2       27      54      nprobust        kdrobust        2016-11-14
16:41:50     27      Kernel Density Estimation with Robust Confidence Intervals
209     2       27      54      nprobust        lprobust        2016-11-14
16:41:50     27      Local-Polynomial Estimation with Robust Confidence
Intervals

Is that what you seek?

> Thank you!
>
>       [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
I know you just subscribed, so now is the time to read the Posing Guide.

==

David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA