Mark,
Below is the sampled simulated granular data format for pumps for
trial period of 3 months that I need to transform for survival
analysis:
3 months = (60*24*90) minutes i.e 129600 minutes

pump_id timings                events   vibration temprature flow
pump1 01-07-2017 00:00       0        3.443    69.6           139.806
pump1 01-07-2017 00:10       1        0.501    45.27         140.028
pump1 01-07-2017 00:20       0        2.031    52.9           137.698
pump1 01-07-2017 00:30       0        2.267    60.12         139.054
pump1 01-07-2017 00:40       1        2.267    60.12         139.054
pump1 01-07-2017 00:50       0        2.267    60.12         139.054
pump2 01-07-2017 00:00       0        3.443    69.6           139.806
pump2 01-07-2017 00:10       0        0.501    45.27         140.028
pump2 01-07-2017 00:20       0        2.031    52.9           137.698
pump2 01-07-2017 00:30       0        2.267    60.12         139.054
pump2 01-07-2017 00:40       1        2.267    60.12         139.054
pump2 01-07-2017 00:50       0        2.267    60.12         139.054

The above data set records observations and timings where 'pumps'
experienced failure, tagged as '1' in column 'events'.
In the above granular dataset the pump1 experiences 2 "event episodes."

Below is the desired transformed format. the covariates in this data
set will have the mean value:
pump_id      event_episodes      event_status      start(minutes)
stop(minutes)
pump1                          1                             1
          0                               10
pump1                          2                             1
         10                              40
pump1                          3                             0
         40                              129600
pump2                          1                             1
          0                               40
pump2                          2                             0
          0                               129600

The 'start' and 'stop' columns are evaluated from the 'timings'
columns. I need help in performing such transformation in 'R'.
Please guide and help.

Regards,
Sandeep