R 3.4.1
OS X and Windows

Colleagues

I have a complicated problem that includes several components:
        RTF
        PDF

Using R (and a slew of RTF commands), I assemble a text document with an RTF
extension.  The document contains text, tables, and images (JPEG format,
previously created with R).
To “import” the JPEG images into the document, I use the following R code:
        cat("\\pard\\qc {\\pict\\jpegblip\n", file=TEMPREPORT, append=T)
        cat(toupper(readBin(IMAGEFILE, "raw", 10000000)), fill=64,
sep="",file=TEMPREPORT, append=T)
        cat("\n}\\par\\ql", file=TEMPREPORT, append=T)
The critical text is:
        jpegblip — which presumably informs the RTF reader that what follows is
a JPEG
        readBin — which reads the JPEG file

When the JPEG images are created, I also create identical PDF versions.  I
would like, if possible, to “import” the PDF versions (instead of the JPEG
versions) into the RTF document.
I see two issues:
1.  It is not obvious what should replace the jpegblip command
2.  Is readBin the appropriate command to embed the PDF

I realize that this is not strictly an R issue but support for R is far better
than that for RTF.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
www.PLessThan.com