On 24/11/2017 5:45 PM, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

On 24 November 2017 at 11:30, Santosh wrote:
| Hi All, Duncan, Rolf, Ista, DIrk,
|
| Thanks for the suggestions and I tried all of them (as suggested by Duncan,
| Rolf, Ista and Dirk)... I still get similar error as before while
| installing 'rgl' package.. I also tried to manually configure "rgl" and got
| an error message (please see below for the verbatim output).  Would highly
| any further ideas/suggestions!
|
| *In my system, "GL" library is present under "/usr/include/GL"*
|
| Here are the libraries available (as suggested by Rolf)
|
| After installing some of them, I continue to get the same error message,
| please below the output messages in config.log after I ran "./configure")
|

| "ii  r-cran-rgl                            0.93.996-1
|         amd64        GNU R package for three-dimensional visualisation
| using OpenGL"

That means you _have_ the rgl package installed, and can stop everything you
are doing.

You do _not_ need to install it from source via R. You have it from Ubuntu.

Actually the version on CRAN is pretty old, so I'd recommend people do install it from source, getting the source from R-forge. Since that is a development site the quality varies over time, but right at this minute I would say it is better than the CRAN version.

Re Santosh's error messages: it looks as though the Mesa installation is messed up. I'd recommend uninstalling it, making sure there's no remnant of Mesa anywhere, then reinstalling it.

Duncan Murdoch