There appears to be a lot here that you don't understand, and a little
reading woud be a better way for you to resolve your confusion I believe.
Read Section 6 of the "R Installation and Administration" manual that ships
with R. There you will find that the stats and methods packages are already
installed. ?library tells you how to load them for use in your session. See
also ?install.packages and links for how to download and install package
from R package depositories, which mosty means CRAN.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."