hi,

Check this

beanplot(count ~ spray, data = InsectSprays, what = c(FALSE, TRUE, TRUE, TRUE))

>From R function help :
what :  a vector of four booleans describing what to plot. In the following
order, these booleans stand for the total average line, the beans, the bean
average, and the beanlines. For example, what=c(0,0,0,1) produces a stripchart

ggplot can be helpful

library(ggplot2)
p <- ggplot(InsectSprays, aes(factor(spray), count, fill=factor(spray) ))+
geom_violin()
print(p)

Regards.............
Tanvir Ahamed
Stockholm, Sweden     |  mashra...@yahoo.com

On Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 7:32:22 PM GMT+1, Samuel Knapp
<samuel.kn...@tum.de> wrote:

Hi,

I would like to use the beanplot() function from the beanplot package.
Unfortunately, I can't find out how to suppress the dashed horizontal
line, that shows the overall mean.

In the help I've found the argument "overallline", but it only allows
for "mean" or "median" .

I have tried overallline = F, overallline="n", and overallline="", but
without success.

Strangely, I could also not find any suggestions on the internet.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks,

Samuel

## Example code using the dataset InsectSprays from datasets package

library(beanplot)

beanplot(count ~ spray, data = InsectSprays)

# How to remove the dashed horizonal line?

--
Samuel Knapp

Lehrstuhl für Pflanzenernährung
Technische Universität München