Make a reproducible example [1][2][3], because it doesn't happen for me. Then
post your example at [4] or [5], because this is the wrong list for this
question.

You may find that the act of browsing the directory using a GUI is what creates
that file rather than the compilation itself.

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

[2] http://adv-r.had.co.nz/Reproducibility.html

[3] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reprex/index.html (read the