Hello,

Use grep to get the row indices and then subset with a *negative* index to remove those rows.

rn <- scan(what = character(), text = "
70/556
71.1/280
72.1/556
72.1/343
73.1/390
73.1/556
")

mat <- matrix(rnorm(6*6), nrow = 6)
row.names(mat) <- rn

inx <- grep("73\\.", row.names(mat))

new_mat <- mat[-inx, ]
new_mat

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

On 5/22/2018 11:48 AM, Ahmed Serag wrote:
Dear R-experts,

How can I remove a certain feature or observation by a part of its name. To be
clear, I have a matrix with 766 observations as a rows. The row names are like
this

70/556
71.1/280
72.1/556
72.1/343
73.1/390
73.1/556
Now I would like to remove all the rows that contain the text 73.1

Any ideas or suggestion please ?

Regards

Ahmed Serag

Analytical Chemistry Department