From: David Winsemius [mailto:dwinsem...@comcast.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 11:33 AM
To: Bill Poling <bill.pol...@zelis.com>
Cc: r-help (r-help@r-project.org) <r-help@r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R] Help installing the finalfit package

> On Jun 13, 2018, at 3:20 AM, Bill Poling
> <bill.pol...@zelis.com<mailto:bill.pol...@zelis.com>> wrote:
>
> Good morning David, thank you for your reply.
>
> However, I am not sure what you mean regarding the windows error?

I'm not a Windows user, but the first indication of a problem was when the
installation procedure tried to replace an older version of mice with a newer
version and failed. I only chimed in from my place on the sidelines of an
R-Windows game because no one else had responded.

I tried finding the finalfit package on CRAN but it doesn't seem to have yet
been submitted in a version that can be installed on a Mac. So I followed the
advice on the blog you linked to and I can now see the package DESCRIPTION
file. It has these dependencies:

Imports: Hmisc, ggplot2, grid, gridExtra, lme4, magrittr, mice, pROC,
plyr, scales, stats, stringr, survival, survminer
RoxygenNote: 6.0.1
Suggests: knitr, rmarkdown, rstan, boot

> Where or what is the windows error?

It appears you have an older version of mice but I cannot tell why it is
unacceptable to this version of 'finalfit' since there is no version
requirement in the deescription 'Imports:' line.

You might try to update your 'mice'-package. The current version on CRAN is
3.0.0, and attempting to make that available might illuminate the problem.

> And how would I remedy this issue please?

Fixing permissions on windows is not actually on-topic for Rhelp. Perhaps you
could ask on the SuperUser forum where advice about Windows system maintenance
is on-topic: https://superuser.com/<https://superuser.com/>

Best of luck.

David.