On 17/08/2018 10:07 AM, Faridedin Cheraghi wrote:
Dear Duncan,

thanks for your feedback on this. Even though most developers are not in Windows (which I doubt it),

I'm talking about the R Core developers. I used to be one, but have retired from that role.

 there are a huge number of people who use R
on Windows and I am one of them who seriously work with R.

Indeed, Microsoft promotes R, and they have a lot of developers; they just don't contribute much to R. Honestly I'd suggest that if you are serious about working with languages not supported in the default code page, you should switch platforms.

Following my own workaround to this bug, now I hit another issue with another workaround when trying to render the Farsi Unicode characters. While these workarounds work in ad hoc, they are not appealing in all scenarios;I hit other problems related to this bug, e.g., when documenting a package with Roxygen2 package.

Please see the attached files (r scripts) for the complete bug report.

If you think this is a new bug, you should report it to the bug tracking system (which requires you to be registered first). Posting it to me or to R-help will probably not result in any action on it. Posting it to the bug page will at least result in a fairly permanent record.

Duncan Murdoch

thanks
Farid