De : CHATTON Anne
Envoyé : vendredi, 5 octobre 2018 10:46
À : 'r-help@r-project.org' <r-help@r-project.org>
Objet : Strange paradox

Hello,

I am currently analysed two nested models using the same sample. Both the
simpler model (Model 1 ~ x1 + x2) and the more complex model (Model 2 ~ x1 + x2
+ x3 + x4) yield the same adjusted R-square. Yet the p-value associated with
the deviance statistic is highly significant (p=0.0047), suggesting that the
confounders (x3 and x4) account for the prediction of the dependent variable.

Does anyone have an explanation of this strange paradox?

Thank you for any suggestion.

Anne