Dear Greg

I think you are going to need to supply more information. WHat do you mean by "in SAS differently"? If you just want to do an analysis using the Reitsma model then there are options in R of course.

https://CRAN.R-project.org/view=MetaAnalysis

for further questions may I suggest using the mailing list dedicated to meta-analysis in R

Michael