I am running a small simulation, and getting very different run times when I
use different versions of R.
Two set-ups using the same machine (MacBook Pro 2013 vintage)

1. R version 3.1.3  running on system OS X 10.9.5

> system.time(source("simulationR-R.R"))

  user  system elapsed
  3.890   0.061   3.965

Compared to

2. R version 3.5.1  running on system OS X 10.12.6

> system.time(source("simulationR-R.R"))

  user  system elapsed
277.924   2.087 280.841

The source code is identical. This is a pretty big difference running the same
code on the same hardware.
Before submitting the code, is this a known issue?