Dear Jim,
Good news to me!! Welcome.

I am fine. The code elegantly displayed the color.

I also tried to adjust the line:
draw.circle(lonmids[lon],latmids[lat],radius=sqrt(counts[lat,lon])/100,
    border=countcol[lat,lon],col=countcol[lat,lon]) in order to reduce
the radius of the circle in order to plot the whole data.

I am really really grateful. I will immediately include the result in
a draft manuscript to Astrophysical Journal.

With the warmest regards
Ogbos