Hi

Do you mean you want to reduce *system requirements* ? I'm not sure you have many options. Looking at the plantuml output format options, there is ...

png via 'png', which requires libpng
svg via 'grImport2', which requires 'rsvg', which requires librsvg2
eps via 'grImport', which requires ghostscript

... and a number of other formats that cannot be read directly into R AFAIK.

The only option that does not require dependencies looks like the "txt" format, which you could read in with readLines(), but I'm not sure you want an ASCII art version :)

Paul