R 4.0.2
OS X

Colleagues

I have strings that contain a space in an unexpected location.  The intended
string is:
        “STRING 01.  Remainder of the string"
However, variants are:
        “STR ING 01.  Remainder of the string"
        “STRIN G 01.  Remainder of the string"

I would like a general approach to deleting a space, but only if it appears
before the period.  Any suggestions on a regular expression for this?

Dennis

Dennis Fisher MD
P < (The "P Less Than" Company)
Phone / Fax: 1-866-PLessThan (1-866-753-7784)
www.PLessThan.com <http://www.plessthan.com/>