Hi folks!

I'm a beginner and I'm learning how to use R.

I need to calculate the value of Simpson Diversity Index (*D*=1-Σ*pi*^2;
where *p* is the relative abundance of the species* i*) of one sample (e.g.,
diversity of bromeliad spiders) and test the significance of this value. For
this I'll need to randomize samples while conserving the observed species
abundance and sample-size distributions. After this, in need to repeate
these randomizations 10.000 times to form a null distribution and assessing
the statistical significance by compare the observad D value with the null
distribution.
But unfortunately, I don't know how to run this procedure in R software.

Please, can anybody help me?

Thank you in advance