On 12/23/21 3:11 AM, Stephen H. Dawson, DSL via R-help wrote:
Hi,

I am thinking about awareness of errors when an R script runs.

My concern is I have an error-free script. I run it for months on end without problems. Then, something changes somewhere causing an error. My wonderment is how R will tell me I had an error in the script, but the rest of the script ran without impairment.

QUESTIONS
What are some of the more helpful options available to an R developer to capture errors in a script run?

What are some of the best processes to implement these more helpful options?

See this insight from Spencer Graves from Feb 2011 on Rhelp:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2011-February/268512.html

Thanks,