Dear Paul,

On 2022-01-14 1:17 p.m., Paul Bernal wrote:
Dear John and R community friends,

To be a little bit more specific, what I need to accomplish is the creation of a confidence interval ellipse over a scatterplot at different percentiles. The confidence interval ellipses should be drawn over the scatterplot.

I'm not sure what you mean. Confidence ellipses are for regression coefficients and so are on the scale of the coefficients; data (concentration) ellipses are for and on the scale of the explanatory variables. As it turns out, for a linear model, the former is the rescaled 90 degree rotation of the latter.

Because the scatterplot of the (two) variables has the variables on the axes, a data ellipse but not a confidence ellipse makes sense (i.e., is in the proper units). Data ellipses are drawn by car::dataEllipse() and (as explained by Martin Maechler) cluster::ellipsoidPoints(); confidence ellipses are drawn by car::confidenceEllipse() and the various methods of ellipse::ellipse().

I hope this helps,
 John

Any other guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul