By default, this draws 50% and 95% concentration ellipses assuming bivariate normality in each group, but that and other aspects of the graph can be customized -- see ?scatterplot.

I hope this helps,
 John

--
John Fox, Professor Emeritus
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
web: https://socialsciences.mcmaster.ca/jfox/

On 2022-01-24 4:24 p.m., Paul Bernal wrote:
Dear friends,

I will be sharing a dataset which has the following columns:
1. Scenario
2. Day of Transit date
3. Canal Ampliado
4. Canal Original

Basically, I need to create a scatter plot diagram, with the Canal Ampliado
column values in the x-axis, and the Canal Original column values in the
y-axis, but also, I need to create confidence interval ellipses grouping
the points on the scatterplot, based on the different scenarios.

So I need to have in one graph, the scatterplot of Canal Ampliado vs Canal
Original and then, on the same graph, construct the confidence interval
ellipses.

I will attach an image depicting what I need to accomplish, as well as the
dataset, for your reference.

Any help and/or guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul