On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 11:33:36 +0000
Manu goswami <manugosw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It's really a maze just getting any sort of developer related help
> for r. I am still not able to understand where to post what.

We don't have an "R administration" mailing list, so R-devel
<https://www.r-project.org/mail.html#r-devel> seems to be a good bet.

Two bits of advice (but we should really continue in R-devel):

1. You're on Windows 10, so if you really need R running in a
Linux-like environment ASAP (why else run Cygwin?), consider Windows
Subsystem for Linux. It's not as slow as a virtual machine.

2. Have you tried following the cygport for R-4.1.2? If you download
the source package (R-4.1.2-1-src.tar.xz) from your preferred mirror,
there's a few patches that may be needed to adjust the compiler flags to
get your build of R working.

--
Best regards,
Ivan