Dear all,

I talked with colleagues this morning and we realized that some people (=me) pronounce CRAN like the German word "Kran" (probably pronounced like "cruhn" in English -- if it was a word). My colleague pronounced it as "Sea-Ran" or "Sea-Run". The colleague was a student and has worked at the same institution as an R Core Developer and heard it from him personally.

So now I am puzzled. Have I been wrong about 43% of my life? ;-)

Honestly: Is there a unique way how the core developers prounounce CRAN?

Not an urgent question at all but maybe interesting to many of us.

Thanks,
Roland

--
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic ...{{dropped:2}}