Dear John,

John Fox wrote on 2022-05-31 15:35:
Dear Helmut,

I'm not sure why you're seeing an error, but replacing the last several commands in your code with

    legend(loc, legend = lgd, x.intersp = 0, title = paste("n =", n.pts[1]), bg = bg)

works perfectly fine for me. I suspect that the example you posted differs in some respect from the code that produces the error.

loc is a character vector of length one. Works as intended -- I stand corrected!

Best,
Helmut
--
Ing. Helmut Schütz