On 8/29/22 09:30, Paul Bernal wrote:
Dear friends,

I have just installed R version 4.2.1 for Windows on my machine, and was
trying to install package spDataLarge, but the console threw the following
error message:

Warning in install.packages :
   package 'spDataLarge' is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available
elsewhere,
see the ideas at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages

I used the following command to try to install it:

install.packages("spDataLarge", repos = "https://nowosad.github.io/drat/";,
type = "source")

I'm on a Linux box and I get no difficulty using:

install.packages("spDataLarge",repos  =  "https://nowosad.github.io/drat/",type  =
"source")

That was the third of three options on its webpage at:

https://github.com/Nowosad/spDataLarge

There is an "issue" from Roger Bivand regarding the need for type="source: https://github.com/Nowosad/spDataLarge/issues/24

It would seem that `type="source"` might be superfluous since the package does not require compilation. At any rate there are two other options at that page and you might want to investigate them.

--

David.

I tried with earlier versions of R (4.2.0 and 4.0.3) but I keep getting the
same error. I was searching to see if I could obtain information regarding
the R version or versions that support this package, but haven't found
anything thus far.

Any suggestions on how to successfully install this package?

Something odd is that I was able to install package spData, but not
spDataLarge (in R version 4.2.1)

Best regards,
Paul